Children’s parties can be an amazing time for making memories for yourself and your little ones. So here’s our top tips for keeping it stress-free and fun for everyone:
- Involve your child in the planning – follow their lead in picking invites, decorations etc. as this will help build anticipation without the party being an unfamiliar prospect; TC Party People can help plan the whole event with you all.
- Keep parties short – over-tired children are a disaster for everyone involved; two hours is usually plenty of time for under 5s to avoid the tears and tantrums from too much fun and food!
- Be specific on invites – you don’t want children arriving in their best partywear for a Creation Station messy play party! Also, if you want parents to stay then it’s worth saying so to make sure there’s no mixed messages.
- Don’t worry if child doesn’t want to be involved and is scared by the whole prospect when the day arrives. It can be overwhelming and you know your child best, so plan activities that they enjoy and are comfortable with. If your child loves sport, then Rubytots, Jump with Jo and Playball can help.
- Don’t force a traditional ‘party’ or try to include every child they know. Two friends at CraftBox or Create&Paint might be much more fun for them.
Finally, don’t feel that you need to entertain adult guests, but do accept any and all help before, during and after the party. And above all, relax and have fun too!